Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

January 20, 2012

Advantages And Disadvantage Of Being A Teacher

Every person and job in the world has advantages and disadvantages to things they do. I, myself has a disadvantage playing a taller player in basketball for the obvious reasons, my height. An advantage I might have is that my quickness and agility is smoother than theirs. Being a teacher also has plenty of advantages and disadvantages.
An advantage of being a teacher is that you can spend lots of time with your family. Every weekend you have off, holiday, and the whole summer. Family bonding is great especially if your kids are young. Children growing up with parents that are always there for them means a lot to whom they turn into as an adult, as mature on. 
Being a teacher you are close with all your coworkers. Everyday you see the same people and grow close to them. Everyone is caring for each other and for their students as well. Another advantage for a teacher is that they influence students on a every day basis. We teach students what they need to know to not just pass our class, but to get through with life and get a great education and someday influence others.
As with all advantages in life, there are disadvantages. A disadvantage of being a teacher is that each class you are teaching the same thing over and over. If I have 3 PE classes they all might learning about the fundamentals of volleyball. This can get boring for the teacher since he repeats what he does over and over. They have such a routine. Our job isn't something like a doctors that what they do everyday is different because they might be treating a patient for something new everyday and perform different surgeries through out the day. Also myself as a PE teacher gets less respect than a everyday Math teacher. We are looked down upon because we are in such a stereotyped field. We are known for blowing our whistles and spinning them on our fingers while we watch the students perform. This is not true. The outside world does not know what we do as an educator to break down a movement for each student. Some students learn differently and need modifications for certain things and we are able to assist them every way needed. We go through such detail in the learning process of fundamentals and motor movements but outside the PE teaching world they do not see this. Also a disadvantage of being a teacher is that our salaries are inadequate for the amount of work we put in,especially starting out. As the years go on we do get raises but the average salary for a first year teacher is about 40,000 dollars, this is nothing. 
Money is not happiness to me, happiness is motivating others to be physically educated and live a healthy life.



No comments:

Post a Comment