Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

April 30, 2012

Karagrozis' PE Farewell Address

"For this class, you must blog 250 words, 7 days a week," these were the first words I heard this year from Mr. Yang in our EDU470 class. My first impression, I must say, is truly not the one I have now. Honestly, I learned a lot about life from my EDU470 class with Mr. Yang. He was a strong motivator, one who does not have a lot of people to back him up because he takes the road that is less traveled, down the lonely road of technology. Mr. Yang is all about technology and many people are not for this. I personally was one who was against it from day one. He opened up my eyes to reality and explained how it is the 21st century and technology is everything. My first impression of him was that he seems like a nice guy but no way can I deal with blogging everyday and worry about all this technology that he uses. I knew he was a great guy but I was not for this and I wanted to drop this class immediately. I gave it a try for a little while since I had time to drop it and my thoughts changed, my views changed and my morals and motivation towards PE changed. Blogging the 250 words, 7 days a week was not bad after all. 91 blogs later I can say that I am hooked on blogging and I will further use this in my educational experience and to also educate others. Blogging became a habit and from there on I felt guilty and not complete if I did not blog. Blogging is a way to get your thoughts out there without communicating in person. You also have time to think about what you want to say rather then just say the first thing that comes to your head if you are under pressure. Mr Yang showed me what it was to be a leader. Someone who starts his own path and does everything himself even if he has no one backing him. He explained to us how he changed his 12th grade curriculum and taught through the physical. He got the students to do all the work themselves and he just assisted and guided them to success. I am totally for this. I think this is a great thing to do to get the students independent and opened to reality and the struggles we all will face in life. Everything is just a little bump in the road and life will go on. We will get over it and the clock will keep ticking. Soon your buzzer will click and your life will be over. Today is my 21st birthday and I am thankful for everything in my life and everything I have done. I am still not complete with any of my journeys because I want to change  friends,family, strangers and students views on certain things. I have motivated many to attempt Insanity, the workout program. Most of them said that if it was not for me they would not look how they look or be motivated to continue, I encouraged them and changed there outlook. This is great and just a start, I want to be a big difference in this world. I want to be able to get a future job as a physical educator and go into a school with confidence and bring something to the table. I want to change something in their district or curriculum for the better of it. Mr. Yang does not have many supporters but he still does what he does with classes and still is confident about it.  I want to be a motivator just like he was to me. Overall, I am glad I stuck with his class because I personally enjoyed it. Best of luck to Mr. Yang in the future and to all the students in my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment