Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

February 1, 2012

61 Point Tribute

We all have love ones that pass away. Professional basketball player, Chris Pauls grandfather passed away at the age 61. Chris Paul planned to honor his grandfather in his next basketball game. His aunt suggested to him that he should score a point for every year his grandfather lived. He thought that it would be lovely, but no way he could do such a thing. 61 points for one player is an extreme amount, almost unreal. Some teams do not score 61 points in a whole game. Pauls' family and fans had no clue of what his goal was for that game, it was only between him and his aunt. Chris Paul scored 24 points in the second quarter alone. Once he realized this, he kept telling himself no one could stop him no matter what the opposing team brings forth. All that was on his mind that game was his grandfather. He drove it to the hoop and got fouled. He was at 60 points at this time. He needed one out of the two shots to achieve his goal, something that is unbelievable. He shot the first ball and got nothing but net. He had don't it, and his goal was achieved. The next shot he just tossed an air ball and walked off the court crying.  He got his 61 points for his grandfather when he doubted he could ever do it.  Chris Paul showed his competitiveness and his passion for the game. He also demonstrated his love for his lost family member, his grandfather. Chris Paul was 4 points short of the state record for most points in the game, but this meant nothing to him all that mattered was the symbolic 61. Chris Paul is now a successful basketball player in the NBA. He is such a talented athlete, one who sets a goal and does what ever it takes to reach the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment