Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

April 15, 2012

Repeat

What are the odds of having the best team and winning any tournament you are in, what are the odds to repeat and win the following tournament? Friday the 13th was very lucky for my team and I in the volleyball tournament here at SUNY Cortland. We won our 2nd straight tournament  beating the same team in the finals again that we saw in the previous tournament. One unfortunate that has happened that was actually kind of bitter sweet was a friend from the Island was coming up to visit. We added him to our roster to play, but we knew he was not that great with his fundamentals of volleyball. We had to still believe we can win though. He replaced one of our main players from last tournament that did not want to  play. The kid from the island was driving to the air port when he hit tons of traffic due to a bad car accident. He left 3 hours early for the flight and missed it! It was unfortunate he was not able to spend the weekend with us, but we were able to pick up our player who he was replacing. This made our team a lot more skilled than if he had played for us. If he caught that flight, he would of played and it was very obvious that we would of not won the tournament with him. The other team we versed came to play and did not want to lose, we barely beat them. It was a great tournament because there was a lot of team who were more competitive and had an higher skill level than last tournament! We embarrassed a team who had the captain of the club team on it which we absolutely despise because he has such a bad attitude and thinks who he is. This made my night, it was not even competitive because we just came out hot and no water was going to put our fire out. We steam rolled them the first round of play offs and this just gave us the biggest adrenaline booster ever. It feels great to win back to back tournaments and still be crowned the champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment