Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

January 28, 2012

Have you ever heard of Howard Gardner? He is the man who explored what intelligence is.  Multiple Intelligence is the idea that people vary in their ability levels across different domains of intellectual skill. He has came up with 8 intelligences. They are as followed:


Linguistic-Ability to speak and write well
Logical-Mathematical- Logic and mathematical skills to solve problems, such as scientific questions. 
SpatialPeople who think and rea
son about objects in three-dimensional. Great at visualizing things.
Musicalunderstand, perform, and enjoy music. 
Bodily-Kinesthetic-Manipulate the body in sports, dance, or other physical activities.
Interpersonal- Interact with others well.
Intrapersonal- People who understand their strengths and weaknesses.
Naturalistic- Recognizing, identifying, and understanding animals, plants, and other living things


The theory of multiple intelligences gives adults a whole new way to look at their lives, examining potentials that they left behind in their childhood but now have the opportunity to develop through courses, hobbies, or other programs of self-development. I personally would say I am strong in Bodily-Kinesthetic because I am athletic and pick up sports quickly. I also understand my strengths and weaknesses; I am strong with my intra-personal skills. I know what my strengths are, such as maintaining a physically active life and acting as a leader. I motivate to my friends to workout everyday and to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I love corporative games, engaging with other people and working together to solve a problem. This means I am strong in my inter-personal intelligence.  One intelligence that I lack is musical intelligence. I do not know how to read music notes or play an instrument. This is something that I do not excel at. As an educator, it is important to know the 8 intelligence because all students learn differently. Educators need to meet the needs of all students by providing a variety of lessons using many teaching methods. When incorporating technology in lessons, teachers must remember the needs of all the learners and use various methods and techniques. 

No comments:

Post a Comment