Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

February 10, 2012

1 Hour A Day Or Being Dead 24 Hours A Day


The above picture that I found on glasbergen shows a doctor being sarcastic towards his patient. The picture shows the patient as a person who may be over weight. The doctor asks him 
"what fits your busy schedule better, exercising one hour a day or being dead 24 hours a day?" This insinuates the importance of being healthy and in shape.  The healthier your lifestyle is the longer your life is.  This picture relates to me because I make sure I workout everyday or at least am physically active throughout the day. I have a very compact schedule this semester and I always have something to be doing instead of working out, but I make sure I fit my workouts into. I do not have time to workout, but I always make time. Working out is a big part of my life. When I am not physically active, I feel like I am cheating myself out of life. Today, there are plenty of Americans who are obese because of our advancement of technology and the amounts of fast food that we have. No one really rides bicycles or walks anywhere anymore, they simply hop into their car and drive. Where ever you are , I can guarantee there will be a fast food restaurant within 10 miles. Sometimes I find myself wondering why I am pushing myself through the torture of an intense workout, but it is because I want to look and feel good. In the summer I am always at the beach. I would not be able to walk around the beach with no shirt on if I was over weight or had a stomach. There are many programs out there to try and help students become physically active like the "
Lets Move" foundation and the "NFL PLAY 60"

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment