Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

February 9, 2012

Syracuse Vs Georgetown

Tonight I went to the Carrier Dome to watch the Syracuse Orange Men take on the Georgetown Hoyas. These two teams are in the Big East conference and have such a rivalry. It is rivalry week in the NCAA across the country. This will be one of the last times before Syracuse move to the Atlantic Coast Conference. Back in 1979-80, one of the rivalry's most memorable moments occured in the first Big Ten season. Syracuse had a 57-game home winning streak at Manley Field when the Hoyas snapped it. This became one of the most anticipated match-ups in the Big East conference. Tonight Georgetown was ranked 11th and Syracuse was ranked 2nd. The game started and it did not look good for either team. They kept missing easy shots until Hoyas found their release point, they were on fire. They were leading most of the game and Syracuse was down at half time, the score was 27-31. During the 2nd half Syracuse went on a strong run to take the lead. As quickly as they gained it, they lost it. They ended regulations time tied with the score of 55-55. Overtime was electrifying and the dome was going wild. Fans were chanting like crazy and the wave was going around the stadium multiple times. This was my first time in the arena and it was one to never forget. I felt like I was part of the Syracuse student body. The overtime came down to the last and final seconds when Syracuse's star player Kris Joseph sunk a 3-pointer from 18 feet out with 27 seconds left. Syracuse had a huge defense stop by Scoop Jardin to cause a turn over and seal the victory. This was the first game the Orange Men went into overtime for this season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment