Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

February 10, 2012

5 Components Of Physical Fitness




















Did you know the 5 components of physical fitness? They are muscular endurance, muscular strength, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility and body composition. For my 256 observations I made a bulletin board for my school to represent. I was very thankful to them for having me there . I chose to do it on these 5 components. Physical fitness is a big part of life. Being fit, or being in physical shape, you can prevent life threatening diseases such as, heart attacks, strokes, obesity and etc. Muscular endurance is the ability of a muscle or muscle group to repeat a movement multiple times or to hold a particular position for an extended period of time.  The ways you improve this is by lifting a light weight for many repetitions. Try and aim from anywhere from 12-15 reps of one movement. Muscular strength is the opposite of endurance. This is the amount of force a muscle or muscle group can exert against a heavy resistance. To improve this, you do a heavy weight with low reps such as 3 to 5. Cardiovascular fitness is the ability of the heart, lungs and vascular system to deliver oxygen-rich blood to working muscles during a sustained physical activity. A way to improve this is the pacer test or mile run. Flexibility is the degree to which an individual muscle can be lengthened. To improve this you stretch. You should stretch everyday and hold the stretch for at least 10 seconds. Stretching should consist of the full body and not just certain muscles. You are less sustainable to injury if you stretch and are flexible. Body composition is the amount of fat in the body compared to the amount of lean mass. You measure this by BMI. Total fitness can be defined by how well the body performs in each one of the components of of physical fitness as a whole. You are as physically fit as your weakest link.



No comments:

Post a Comment