Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

February 12, 2012

Dorm Room Workout


For the past 4 weeks my roommate and I have been doing Tony Hortons, P90X2. This program is an upgrade from his first addition P90X. This workout program is supposed to give you eye-popping results. We just completed phase 1 out of the 3. Now we have a week of recovery to give our muscles a rest from the intense workouts. I felt like my body was feeling good so I decided to write up my own workout using all the P90X2 equipment. The workout I wrote up seemed like it would be cake on paper, but once we were an hour into it, we realized that it was harder than it looks. The workout consisted of medicine ball push ups using two balls, both hands on the balls and feet on the ground, medicine ball push ups with both hands on one ball, and medicine ball push ups with one ball and having one hand on the ball and other on the floor, rolling the ball to the opposite hand after each pushup. Next the workout consisted of using kettle bells. The workouts we did with this were kettle bell curls, back rows and then kettle bell swings with one arm on the kettle bell at all times (both arms), and reverse flys. We then moved onto perfect push ups, using a weighted vest and then again after removing it.  Next, the workout consisted of using resistance bands. We did bicep curls, tricep kick backs and chest flys by attaching the bands to the door. After this was completed, it was time to use the aerobics ball to work on balance. We did more push ups with the feet on the ball then did jack-knifes. The "finisher" was next and it is supposed to be really challenging to see how far we can push ourselves. We decided to do pull ups and "explosive" push ups tapping a chair every time we explode up. This was extremely difficult and we decided to record a video on it. It was highly amusing, but we continued to push ourselves. The workout consisted of 20 reps of 2 sets for each workout. It felt amazing when we were completed with it because it was a lot harder than it appeared on paper. It was a total of 280 push ups. We battled through the pain and the thought of "quitting."  The video is above.

No comments:

Post a Comment