Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

February 12, 2012

Motivation...Period !

Motivation is one of the most powerful forces in the universe. It gives us the power and intent to go after our dreams and make them into a reality. Motivation inspires us to do great thing and picks us up when we are down. I am motivated each day to workout and become more physically fit and have the perfect body. This consists of vascularity and having more definition than that in the dictionary. I get motivated by thinking about how after each workout I am closer to my goal. There is no such thing as a bad workout. Each workout does something for you even if it is not one of the best ones you have had. "Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you wise," is a quote that Jim Rohn said. Everything around me motivates me to keep on pushing,  and keep on giving it my all. One of the biggest things that motivate me to workout is the summer. I want to be able to take my shirt off at the beach and be proud of my body, something that I've worked hard for for countless hours. I do not want to be one of those people who go to the beach and keep their shirt on all day. Here below is one of my favorite motivational videos. In the video, Brock is told to do the death crawl. The death crawl is when you carry someone on your back while you walk on ur hands and feet, crawling. The coach tells him to do the death crawl and he does it. The coach then tells him to do it with a player on his back blind folded so he does not give up when he can go further. Brock promises to give it his all and give it his best. The goal is to make it to the 50 yard line. Brock goes for the full 100 yards with his coach assisting him and motivating him to keep going. This video shows that we all have so much perseverance in us and have the capability to accomplish a lot more than we think. If we are strong minded everything is possible. If Brock was not blind folded he would have easily stopped at the 50 yard line, his goal. He would have never known how much more he had in him. This video motivates me more than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment