Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

February 13, 2012

Something To Be Proud Of

All week long every teenager and college student can not wait for the weekend to arrive. They are all excited to go to those crazy parties. At these parties you will find minors under the age of 21 drinking and even participating in other illegal drugs. These sorts of parties are just out of control. In todays generation almost all teenagers are drinking and experimenting with drugs, something that is a huge health issue. I myself go to plenty of parties and have a great time. The thing that separates me from the others is the consumption of alcohol.  I am 20 years old and can proudly say, "I have never had a sip of alcohol or experimented with drugs of any sort." You might find this hard to believe, but it is true. I am my own person and I never found a reason to drink, not even casually with the guys during a sporting event. Yes, I still am underage,  but on April 30th 2012, when I turn 21, I will be doing nothing different. I will not consume alcohol. I am straight edge to the max, and dont even toast with champagne on New Years or at weddings. Throughout my high school years I got pressured into drinking plenty of times, and every time the result has been the same.  My peers have called me harsh names and have made fun of me often, but this hasn't ever phased me. I am going to be liked for who I am, and not for who people think I am based on the substances I do or dont take. There have been times where I was offered 100 dollars just to take a sip of alcohol, but the money was not a reward that I wanted. The pride of not drinking means more to me.  As I grow older, more and more people have started to respect me and respect my decision of not drinking. Everyone says they wish they can have the will power to not drink. I now attend SUNY Cortland, one of the biggest party schools in New York State, and I can still proudly say, "I have never drank." I look forward to the weekends as well as everyone else, but my weekends I spend a little differently.  I do not spend it throwing up in the bathroom due to the copious amounts of alcohol that students are drowning their livers with. Drinking can lead to serious health issues. I was always into my body and being fit so I never had any desire to drink because I knew what it could do to me. I  am not saying I am against those who drink and have a few beers here and there, but I am just against that lifestyle for myself. I'd rather drink water and enjoy myself as much as everyone else does without any enhancements. I do not need to be under the influence of anything to be the life of the party. I want to educate my students when I teach and try to influence them to not drink, if they do make the choice, to do it moderately and at casual levels. Binge drinking is happening everyday in this world and it must stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment