Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

March 21, 2012

Educational Philosophy

As a professional educator I rest my philosophy on three major pillars of beliefs. Together, these three beliefs provide the basis of what I value, what I do, and why I do it as an educator. These three beliefs are: prepare and adapt to any situation, make learning exhilarating, and maintain a positive attitude at all times.

In life and in education you must prepare and be capable of adapting to any situation. If you plan to do something but it does not go as planned, it shows true character if you can adjust to it and carry on with it. I believe my students will learn to adapt to different situation by asking each other for help and working together as a team. One person will be the leader while everyone else contributes his or her own input to solve the problem. I will be there to help my students but not to supply them with the answers. I will guide them in reaching the end, which will make them successful. I will teach strategies according to students abilities and needs. Everybody has the right to learn even if some students require more help then others.

If I speak in a monotone my students will fall asleep and start to daydream, I do this now with my teachers. Learning should be exhilarating. I will use different kinds of technology to spark the students interest. I will use computers and television to get a point across. I will have students research a part of what we are learning and teach one another and not have it be just me lecturing on. I believe the students should learn in different locations and not just the same old boring classroom. I will take the students outside to learn and even on field trips to give them excitement. If the students are not interested they will not learn. Learning takes place when the students are having fun and enjoying one another.

When a student is down his/her morale drops and they don’t obtain much information. In life everything worth having does not come easy. No one is perfect and it takes multiple tries to succeed. If you do not understand something, you can have a negative attitude towards it. You must always be positive and believe in yourself. I will make sure my students believe in themselves by always motivating them to never give up.  A positive attitude will go a long way in their future for obtaining a job.

Together these three beliefs: prepare and adapt to any situation, make learning exhilarating, and maintain a positive attitude at all times will help me educate my students.  Education is a vital part of society. I know I cannot teach them everything, but I will equip my students with the resources so they will be inspired to learn by themselves. Authentic learning comes from a solid foundation, and real success comes from an inner drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment