Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

April 17, 2012

116th Boston Marathon

Taken From Google
Yesterday was the 116th Boston Marathon. This is the biggest marathon that is held. Contenders all over the world do their best to qualify for this event. There is 26,716 total entrants in this years event. One difference than the past marathons was the scorching heat. The Boston Athletic Association went as far as to inform those running that they should adopt the attitude of "THIS IS NOT A RACE, it is an experience" for this year's event. A big negative of the heat is that there was no shot for a PR for the course. 2011 Men's Champion and Boston Marathon record holder, Geoffrey Mutai, wasn't laughing at all as he dropped out just short of Heartbreak Hill due to stomach cramps at mile 18, with eventual winner Wesley Korir breaking the tape at 2 hours 12 minutes and 40 seconds, 10 minutes slower than Mutai's time in 2011. Runners still found the energy to run, walk, crawl and even handstand across the finish line, while the medical staff did their best to adjust for heat-related illnesses.  I give much credit to all teh participants in this marathon. It is not easy running a 26.2 mile race especially in heat that is reaching high 80s. The top 3 wins in mens and women's division were all Kenyans. The American Jason Hartmann, who finished 32nd at the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials in January, rebounded nicely from that disappointing effort to finish fourth in 2:14:31. As an future physical educator, I will like to run a marathon. I already did a half marathon, whats another 13.1 miles !

No comments:

Post a Comment