Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

April 18, 2012

Exergaming To The Max

How many of you love High Intense Interval Training, H.I.I.T? I personally think this is the best kind of workout there is. As I was walking to class again, My Yang was rocking out to one of the newest e exergames SUNY Cortland has. This game consisted of a big punching bag that was mapped out with arrows around it, exactly like Idance or DDR. The objective of this game is to punch or kick the arrows exactly how you would step on the arrows if the mat was on the floor when they flowed to the top of the screen that you are watching.  He told me to get suited up with putting on boxing gloves and taken my shoes off.  He started the game and  the up arrow kept sliding up the screen so I kept punching the bag. Next game a left arrow that I started to punch in the beginning, as the arrows got faster and more intense I started to punch and kick the bag. The arrows went faster and faster as the song that was playing got closer to the end.  I started to get out of breath and break a sweat. Mr Yang was on the bag next to me using a stick to hit the bag. He was rotating around the bag  as the arrows kept flowing. He got really creative with his moves to hit the bag. This game coincides with H.I.I.T by clicking advanced mode which indicates the arrows to come up quicker and some closer together arrows that involved a quick double hit. After you completed the song you can lower the playing level for an active cool down, then once again up the playing level to reach your maximum heart heart.  Exergaming is great to get the sedentary population active and contributing to daily exercising. I didn't consider that as exercising because I was having a lot of fun, but really not only was I enjoying this, I was getting the best workout I had all week in a short 4 minutes. There are many other interesting Exergames such as riding a stationary bike which actually controls a racing game that you are playing on a gaming system.

No comments:

Post a Comment