Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

April 16, 2012

Hyper Dash, A Cool Game !

As I was going to my statistics class today I saw professor Yang in the Exergame lab. I decided to stop in and just walk around. He was explaining to a student the different games that the lab has. He introduced a game to me that I never seen before. It is by the company Wild Planet and called Hyper Dash. This is a game that involves physical activity and cognitive activity. This exhilarating game truly lives up to its name. It features a Hyper Voice that calls out commands for the players. The players then run over to the brightly colored targets as quickly as possible and touch it with the wand like thing. The game can be very boring if you leave the targets close together, but then again you can get very cleaver with it. How cool would it be to set up obstacles and put the targets all over the place so you must run, leap, jump, crawl, dive around things to get to the target. This game is about 20 bucks and is for ages 5 up and it will help students be physically active while they work their brain as well. As the levels go up, the game gets more challenging from just calling the colors, to numbers, to addition and subtracting, to even reversing the order you were in. I am very glad that I stopped by to check out the lab today. This game reminds me of what my volleyball coach  did for a warm up to get out brains thinking and our agility up. He set up 3 cones in a triangle formation. He would call out a number and we would have to run to that cones number, stop, get low, pretend to pass a volleyball and get back to the middle. We would make it more challenging by calling a sequence of numbers out and we would have to go to every cone and back to the middle. I love drills and games like this that influence more than just physical activity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment