Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

April 23, 2012

9 Square In The Air.. Better Than 4 Square?

As I was scanning through my twitter feed, I saw that professor Yang retweeted someones tweet about a game called, "9 Square in the Air." This is not what caught my attention, but the sentence after it caught my eye: "Great lead up to volleyball."  Since I am in love with playing volleyball competitively and anything that has to do with the over hand swing it the under hand pass, I thought I'd research this game a little. As I did my research, I found this game to be very interesting and I became eager to play it. Everyone loves the game called, "4 square" and I can guarantee you that you will love 9 Square in the Air.  The objective of 4 square is to hit the ball into your opponents box without them returning it back. The goal is to eliminate your opponents and stay in the box that is known as the "kings box." This game can get very intense at times. 9 square in the air is very similar to 4 square, but it has 9 squares and it is in the air. They use PVC pipes to form 9 squares in the air. Since it is in the air, it is like a net that is across a volleyball court. You must hit the ball into another persons square without them recovering it back up. This is a great lead up to volleyball because you can jump to block the ball, jump to spike or even tip the ball into 1 of the other 8 squares. This game can be adjusted to tend to a diverse group of kids from young ages to adults by just simply sliding the poles higher or lower. This game is great to get students interacting with each other. You can make different variations of the games to make it more interesting. You can shut the lights off and use strobe lights if you are in doors. The ball they used is very soft so it will not injure anyone.  I will subject this game for my future school that I plan to be teaching at. All this talking about 9 square, and I might go out and play 4 square right now. Just map out boxes with tap and you are ready to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment