Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

January 20, 2012

Do You Consider Teaching A Profession

Is teaching a profession? Profession is defined as a career that requires specialized study and an extended period of training. To me teaching is not a profession. A profession will be a doctor or lawyer who goes through years of schooling. Us teachers go through 4 years of school to get our bachelors than go on to get our masters and if we decided to, we can get a doctorates degree. A doctor or lawyer must go through normal 4 year schools, then med school for another 4 years than a school for what they specialize in. A lawyer goes through 4 year school as well, then law school. Their studies are much more in-depth. The only thing we have the same as them is both being humans and go to a 4 year school. If you look at the time we spend into what we do and a doctor, you can not compare. Do not get me wrong, I am not saying we do not study our subject area and learn it deeply, but I think a doctor is above us.I myself want to be a teacher, but do not consider it a profession. I can also debate that we are a profession but I am more in favor of we are not a profession. Either If people consider teaching a profession or not, I will be sticking with it because I love what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment