Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

April 4, 2012

The Best Class Yet

It has been a while since I took a trip down memory lane, but today in Prof. Yangs class I sure did. Today in class we went into the SUNY Cortlands Exergaming room. This room is filled with highly advanced technology to help students become physically fit. Today we played a game that was basically my childhood hobby, It was exactly like Dance Dance Revolution but called Idance. The only difference is that it works by a whole different programing system. The whole system and 8 wireless pads run about 50,000 dollars. It was great to get back onto a pad and start dancing and following the arrows. The first song we played was called medicine. I loved the beat but the tempo was a little too slow for me. I was very early so I had to play on a harder level. As the class went on I got my talents back and started to groove with the beat. I used to be really good at this game but since my long period of not playing this kind of game my abilities weakened. This kind of Exergame is a great way to help sedentary kids become physically active. It is a great motivator for them to dance and play video games. This equipment would be in my dream school as a future physical educator. I think it would be great if every school can afford this for their PE program but with the tight budgets and jobs being cut, only the lucky can have this. I hope down the road when I land a job I can influence my district to cough up some money and adopt this equipment for out school, I will show them all the great benefits Exergaming has for young students such as promoting good health,creates variety, social activity and facilitates exercise. When I get back to the island, I will be playing DDR, such a great memory of my childhood years. 
Photo Taken From Google

No comments:

Post a Comment