Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

April 3, 2012

NCAA Basketball Title Game


If you did not know, the NCAA College Basketball Championship was on last night. It was a match up between the two winningest programs in college basketball, teams with a combined total of 4,161 victories, 10 NCAA championships, 29 Final Four appearances, and 94 combined trips to the tournament  itself they were the Wildcats of Kentucky and Jayhawks of Kansas. These two teams played a remarkable game. The Wildcats controlled most of the game because of the superb playing of Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gildchrist, both freshman. The Wildcats could not let up because the Jayhawks are the number 1 team in the nation for points in the 2nd half to come back and win. Kentucky held on to win with a 67-59 victory. Davis had one of the lowest scoring games for himself with only 6 points in the title game but Davis also was something else: among the most clear-cut winners of the award. He has 16 rebounds, five assist, six blocks and three steals in the title game. Thats the most rebounds in the championship game for the Most Outstanding Player award in the 17 years, the most assist in the nine years, the most blocks in six years and the most steals in four years. This is an unbelievable accomplishment. The coach for Kentucky John Calipari does not just have the hottest program in the country after it captured its eighth NCAA title, but he spoke boldly about placing six of his players, 3 of them freshman in the first round of Junes NBA draft.  Next year Kentucky will have tons of new faces, but I would not be surprised if they can still make it to the final four with Calipari recruiting.  He is looking into Las Vegas' Shabazz Muhammad, the No 1- ranked recruit in America, Nerlens Noel, an Anthony Davis-like 6'10 star out of Massachusetts who is the 3rd best player and Anthony Bennett, the seventh-ranked recruit who is also from Las Vegas. I am excited to watch Kentucky next year go for a repeat and hope they young Kentucky players do great in the NBA if they get selected in the draft this upcoming June.

No comments:

Post a Comment