Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

April 2, 2012

Mr Yang And His Technology

Today in class we spoke about a few different helpful computer programs and tricks that involve technology. We went over how to search pdf files and get a better understanding with this. One thing that sparked my attention greatly was in google if you type "filetype:" and say a type of file such as pfd,jpeg, and gif  it will bring up files that are that type. I thought this was very helpful and will be useful in my future for me. There are so many amazing things that technology can do and that websites have as options, but most people like me have no clue what they are doing. Since I took professor Yangs class I must say that I became more technology aware! I now know the basics of things and always exploring different things. Technology is a great way to get kids motivated and interesting if you do not start out too complex. Another thing we spoke about today in class was different programs that help you with citations. The program stores all your articles and does the bibliography and insource citations for you. This will be very useful for my Masters when I attempt that. I personally forgot the names of the programs, but when he showed us it, I was interested. One thing Prof. Yang taught me that I am thankful for is the power of blogging! This is a great way to communicate with your students and have them communicate with you. Also It is a great way to just let out your thoughts. I used to keep a running journal when I ran long distances for month and months but this was hard copy. Now I can use a blogger site and blog all my thoughts and runs, this makes it so much easier and neater ! Next class we are in the Exergaming lab and I can not wait to explore all the astonishing equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment