Who I AM

My photo
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and a Physical Education. I graduated from SUNY CORTLAND upstate New York. I am currently getting my masters in HPER at Emporia State University in Kansas.I currently work at Malverne High School as a leave replacement for physical education. I also teach 1 health and physical education class at the middle school for their district. I love volleyball and I am very competitive. I like challenges and being pushed to my limits. I've done some amazing DVD workouts such as Insanity and Insanity Asylum and P90X2. They can change your physical appearance tremendously. Your results are based on what you give in, how much you will push yourself, how much pain you can take and keep pushing knowing it will only benefit you. How much sweat are you willing to sweat? I believe that every person in this world can make a difference in a positive way, my way is by teaching. This blog is mainly from my undergraduate degree but I tend to add more post as I continue my career.

April 1, 2012

Insaniac Shaun T




This morning I arrived to Oneonta and went to the field house for Shaun Thompsons event. If you do not know who he is, he is the creator of Insanity. Insanity is a fitness program that came out in 2009 to help people stay fit.  When I arrived I was expected 20 people here for this event. The amount of people that I saw waiting to be let in was mind blowing. There was about 200 people for this insane workout that was about to be given by Shaun T himself.  Everyone around me was all different shapes and sizes, there were people who looked fit and people who were less fit. This did not make a difference because it is all about how much you can push yourself and convince your mind that you can do it. As soon as we were let in, I ran to the front right in front of the stage. I placed my belongings down and immediately started to stretch. Minutes later Shaun T walked in and everyone went nuts. He entered from the back of the gym and walked to the stage. He turned his mic up and went on to ask his audience if they were ready for the best workout of our life. I knew what was coming for us but some people didn't because they never completed a workout of his. He turned up the music and we went right into the warm up. This warm up was very strenuous on the legs causing lactic acid to build up quickly and weigh them down. Once the warm up was completed I felt like my legs were bricks. The best part was when Shaun T announced that if you have down Insanity before you know that we just completed the "warm up." Everyones facial expression to this was hilarious, faces were shocked, they had no clue what was next. We went on into the working out, it was brutal. Shaun T was a great motivator coming around pushing people to dig deeper and convince them that they can do it. He line of the day was, "I can do it."  He told us to keep saying this to ourselves when we were about to drop. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, saying this over and over really helped me push myself. I convinced my brain that I can do it and I did it.  Shaun T also went up to people and put his hands up and made sure their knees touched his hands on the high knee mountain climbers exercise, the person he went up to was me. This was very motivating to reach his hands and touch them with the top of the knees, I did it. I was burning like crazy once this set was over. The workout went on and it was finally over after an hour. We were able to stay and take pictures with him and I was able to snap a few cool shots of him while the workout was going on! I spoke to him and asked if the rumor of Insanity Asylum 2 is true, he smiled and said that it will be released in September. I CAN NOT WAIT !  I am trying to get our SAB here at Cortland  to have him come and do a class with us Cortland students !



No comments:

Post a Comment